Ever looked at the likes of Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez and Nicki Minaj, and wished you had a bigger bum like theirs? Tired of the half-baked and conflicting advice you’ve been getting on how to get a bigger butt fast from various sources, both online and offline? You’re at the right place.
Understanding Your Butt
Before we give you tips on how to make your butt bigger, let’s get to know the muscles your butt is composed of the gluteus medius, gluteus minimus, and gluteus maximus. Glutes help you stand up from a sitting or squatting position, stand upright, climb stairs and support your pelvis. They are covered with a layer of fat.
The glutes need to grow if you’ve been wondering how to get a bigger bum. Additionally, the fat content covering your glutes also plays a significant role in increasing the size of your booty.
Exercises for Bigger Butt
● Cardio: High-intensity cardio is essential for a bigger butt. Not only will you burn fat and improve your cardiovascular health, but also strengthen your glutes. Stair sprints and hill repeats are highly recommended.
● Barbell Squats: For reducing and toning your butt, squats are incredibly efficient. In addition to strengthening your butt, it also makes your thighs stronger and leaner.
○ Place your barbell on a squat rack about 3 to 5 inches below your shoulders.
○ Lift the barbell and step out of the way without exerting pressure on your neck.
○ Place your feet apart, approximately the same width as your shoulders.
○ Line up your knees vertically with your toes.
○ Squeeze your glutes and keep lowering your body till your thighs are parallel to the floor.
○ Push yourself back up to the original position.
If barbell squats seem too advanced at first, begin with dumbbells. Squats become more effective if you are standing with your feet closer together.
● Lunges: There are four basic types of lunges walking, side, stationary and alternating. However, stationary lunges will be sufficient for beginners looking to make their booty bigger.
○ Hold a dumbbell in each hand, besides your body.
○ Stand straight and move one leg forward.
○ In this position, bend both your legs and go down till one knee touches the ground.
○ Go back to the original position.
○ Perform a set of at least 10 lunges.
● Hip Extensions: This is the most useful exercise for bigger buttocks.
○ Lie face down on a bench or a step.
○ Keeping your hips on the edge of the platform and legs straight, slightly touch the floor with your toes.
○ Assume the position by squeezing your glutes to make your leg reach the level of your hips.
Do this exercise under the guidance of a profession to avoid injuring yourself. Within a month or so of incorporating this exercise into your workout, you’ll find that your butt is getting bigger.
● Side-Lying Leg Lifts: This exercise can help you work your love handles and remove fat from around your waist while building a firmer bum.
○ Lie down on one side, your arm supporting your body, and turn.
○ Lift your leg up diagonally upwards, at an angle that makes you feel the impact on the side of your waist.
○ Perform the same steps, now lying down on the other side of your body.
○ Perform at least 10 reps on each side.
● Leg Raises: Leg raises can work your outer glutes effectively, which in turn will lead to a bigger booty.
○ Get down on your hands and knees.
○ While keeping your leg bent at a 90-degree angle, lift the outer side of your right knee upwards till the inner part of your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
○ Stay still for about 5 seconds, and lower your leg back to the original position.
○ Repeat the above steps, lifting your left leg this time.
○ Perform at least 8 reps on each side.
Be sure to strength train about 3 to 5 days per week. Practice progressive overload, that is, do more work over time. You can do this by adding more weight to your exercises, leveling up to more challenging workouts, adding sets or increasing reps. For a bigger booty, start and end every workout session with glute-training exercises. Make sure you don’t overwork yourself in pursuit of a bigger bum; take time to rest and recover. Two or at least one day of recovery per week is absolutely necessary.
Diet for Bigger Butt
Along with exercise, a good, well-balanced diet also plays a very important role in making your butt bigger. Eat fewer carbs and more protein. Low-fat diets may not be helpful in increasing the size of your buttocks per se. Your fat consumption must depend on where your body tends to store fat. If it stores fat around your hips and butt, increasing fat intake won’t be such a bad idea. On the other hand, if your body tends to store fat in your midsection, refrain from increasing your fat intake. Using an online macronutrient calculator is highly recommended to decide on the right diet and calorie intake for your body type.
Some foods such as natural superfoods are known to obtain significant results when it comes to achieving a bigger butt fast. Do not fall for the synthetic superfoods fad. Consuming the natural superfoods listed below will suffice.
● Mixed Nuts: Cashews, peanuts and almonds contain a lot of proteins, carbs and healthy saturated fats that can help you stay strong enough through workouts and help you gain a bigger butt. Having mixed nuts every morning works wonders.
● Whole Grains: Food made with whole wheat not only gives you adequate calories that does not turn into fat, but also keep your heart and other internal organs healthy.
● Tuna: Tuna is a very rich source of proteins, which can be instrumental in your journey to gain bigger buttocks.
● Green Leafy Vegetables: A natural source of proteins, that is green leafy vegetables can help your body build muscles, and enhance their shape and curves.
● Sweet Potatoes: For curvier butt and a fat-free stomach, sweet potatoes are the right choice. They help your gain a few extra kilos needed for a bigger bum without depositing fat in your midsection.
● Tomatoes: Another important source of proteins, tomatoes should be a part of your daily diet if you are looking to increase the size of your buttocks. You can have them either raw or cooked.
● Lean Beef: A great source of proteins, vitamins and minerals, lean beef aids in the growth of body muscles. Consuming lean beef regularly can help you increase the size of your bum.
● Eggs: Egg whites are a rich source of proteins. Daily consumption of egg whites can help you achieve your goal of a bigger butt fast.
Apart from these, quinoa, oatmeal and berries are also essential natural superfoods that ensure proper growth of muscles and keeping your body in shape.
Do keep in mind that neither diet nor exercise alone can help you gain a bigger booty. Only the perfect combination of both over a period of time can help you get where you want to go as far as your butt is concerned. Diet and exercise always go hand in hand, as far as what you want is to make your butt bigger.
Hormones for Bigger Butt
Hormones play a vital role in the growth of body parts. An appropriate hormonal balance can lead to a well-developed physical structure and bigger buttocks as well.
● Progesterone: Progesterone aids in enhancing the physical attributes of women. It defines the female body with the right curves and keeps the midsection devoid of fat. Progesterone levels are found to be highest during the luteal phase of women’s menstrual cycles.
● Estrogen: Like progesterone, estrogen too aids in enhancing female physical attributes. It is a combination of estriol, estradiol and estrone. The female reproductive organs are responsible for the secretion of estrogen in sufficient quantities. It helps maintain fat in the hips and butt, giving them an apt shape and size.
● Testosterone: Though considered a male hormone, testosterone is also produced in women in very small quantities for strengthening muscles and maintaining a healthy sexual drive. Higher levels of testosterone can hamper the growth of the bum and breasts in women.
● Growth Hormone: Growth hormone helps in the formation of new cells, tissues, cartilage and bones. They are secreted by the pituitary glands and are secreted lesser with increasing age. However, exercise, good sleep and adequate consumption of amino acids can increase growth hormone levels in the body to some extent.
● Prolactin: Known mostly for aiding the growth of breasts, prolactin also helps in the development of the butt.
An improper balance of these hormones can be holding you back from your goal of achieving a bigger butt. Medicinal supplements are available for women with hormonal imbalance and should only be consumed when prescribed by a doctor.